How to Eat Clean- Most of the time

by 2 November 07, 2013

Make sure to follow us on facebook so you don’t miss our latest updates! eat clean   Many of us want to make the switch to completely clean eating, but it can be not only time consuming it can also be expensive, depending on where you live. But, even if you can't eat clean all the time, you can still take steps to ensure that your family is eating healthy- at least most of the time. Adopting an 80/20 rule, like the one used by Melissa at BlessThisMessPlease, is a wonderful way to take control of your families eating habits. The 80/20 rule is simple, you eat non-processed foods 80% of the time, the other 20% you may 'cheat' a little. The rules aren't strict, you just need to be aware of what your family is actually eating. Refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup and tons of other things we shouldn't eat are often packed into those 'convience foods', that many of use buy at the market. Get into the habit of reading labels. Less is better. If it has ingredients you can't pronounce, you may not want to eat it. Go for fresh fruits and vegetables when you can. Frozen over canned, when you can. Make it yourself, when you can. Here is a really great menu plan for 2 complete weeks of eating clean and how you can incorporate in your own home.   Image: Next TwentyEight



Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.